April 4, 2012
How many levels in your organization separate the executives from the customer? Too many I suspect.
BE DiFFERENT organizations have a specific objective to minimize the number of layers between those that serve customers and those that are in leadership positions.
Amazing things happen when these structural filters are removed:
- leadership is better informed about market - both customers and competitors- behavior since communication lines are more direct and fewer numbers of managers are in a position to filter any market news that could be helpful in executing the organization’s strategy.
- the frontline gets heard in terms of the barriers to their performance; leaders have a better chance to cleanse the internal environment and make it easier for customer serving employees to do a better job.
- managers in the organization are forced to actually DO MORE than manage. A flatter structure requires managers to perform tasks rather than delegate.
- response times to customer problems improve as leaders are made aware of problems in a timely manner.
- the organization’s customer learning abilities improve as information within the organization flows more freely.
- decisions are made faster as leaders are informed of performance levels in real time mode.
- operating expenses are reduced without impacting the customer.
- the ability to respond to unanticipated events in the environment is dramatically improved. Feedback on events happens quicker; reaction time shortens.
Organization structure is the vehicle to allocate resources to execute a Strategic Game Plan. It will encumber Plan execution if it is too vertical and bureaucratic; it will facilitate it if it is flat.
Structures don’t serve management; they should serve the customer. Does yours?
I believe everything said was actually very reasonable. But, what about this?
what if you were to create a awesome headline? I am not suggesting your
content is not solid, however what if you added something that makes people want more?
I mean Does your Organization Structure Serve the Customer?
| BE DiFFERENT or Be Dead is a little vanilla. You could look at Yahoo’s front page and see how they create news titles to get viewers to click. You might try adding a video or a related picture or two to grab people interested about what you’ve got to
say. Just my opinion, it might bring your website a little
bit more interesting.
Comment by Forex on December 29, 2012 at 9:00 pm.
Thanks very much for your comments. I appreciate them very much.
Your idea about adding other dimensions to my web site is “dead” on, and I am in the process of doing just that.
Please stay connected and let me know how my changes resonate with you.
Again, THANKS for taking the time to make a comment.
Comment by Roy Osing on December 29, 2012 at 11:26 pm.