July 2, 2012
Want to BE Original? Of course you do!
Here are some things you can do NOW to begin your quest.
1. Choose Weird Customers to serve. Likely they will force you out of your comfort zone to try something outrageous.
2. Play the Packaging game. Add Value Elements to your basic product or service. Broaden your Value Proposition to reflect the more holistic desires of your customers.
3. Observe The Herd. Go in the opposite direction.
4. Hire a Chief Experience Officer to run your Marketing organization.
5. Hire a Chief Serving Officer to run your service organization.
6. Recruit your Top 10 customers to form your Fan Advocate Panel. Engage with them every month. Ask them what their unsatisfied wants and desires are. Do whatever they say.
7. Look at what value you provide to your customers but don’t charge for. Could be training or free testing of new stuff. Define what you do. BRAND it. Proactively market it.
8. Try stuff and FAIL actively. The only way to learn. It’s a mistake NOT to make mistakes. The more you try the more likely you will be to land on something original and GASPWORTHY.